Many people enjoy swimming during their free time, but sometimes they find that the silence of the pool can be a little too quiet. Fortunately, there are many ways to add some music to your swimming experience!
This guide will teach you seven methods for listening to music while swimming. And hope you will get your answer on How to Listen to Music While Swimming? Till the end.
We’ve got you covered whether you’re using a Bluetooth speaker or a waterproof phone.
How to Listen to Music While Swimming? (10 ways)
Swimming is a great way to get your heart rate up and burn calories, but it can be tough to keep up the music when trying to focus on your strokes. Luckily, there are several ways to listen to music while swimming to make the experience more enjoyable.
1. By Using Non-waterproof Earbuds Under a Waterproof Headcover of swimwear:
You can easily Listen to music using earbuds under a waterproof headcover of swimwear.
This will be the best way to Listen to your favorite music without worrying about whether you have to buy waterproof earbuds.
Make sure the earbuds should be covered clearly by a headcover
2. By using a Waterproof MP3 Player
One way is to use a waterproof MP3 player. MP3 players are safe from water. These players are designed for swimming and have waterproof cases that protect them from water damage.
You can easily take your MP3 player with you when you swim and listen to your favorite music. You can also use them outside the pool or river if you want to listen to music while cooking or to walk around your yard.
How To Play Music With Waterproof Music Players/MP3?
How to Play Music on Waterproof MP3 Players? is a question arises here is its answer. If you’re looking for a way to listen to music while swimming, you can do so with a waterproof music player.
- Consider a Bluetooth MP3 player that is waterproof.
- After that, you must configure the device’s music system.
- Your swimwear or your swimming goggles should be attached to the gadget.
- Take a pair of waterproof earphones or headphones and plug them into the apparatus.
- Your ear should now contain the earpiece.
- Cover it with your swimming cap for the optimum fit. (to prevent falling)
- Utilize the music button while swimming laps.
Several types of waterproof MP3 players are available, so you can find one perfect for your needs.
Regardless of what type of waterproof MP3 player you choose, be sure to test it out before using it in a swimming pool or ocean.
However, a few drawbacks exist to using an mp3 player while swimming.
- Sound may not be clear.
- You can’t dive deep; not more than 10 feet.
3. By using a Waterproof Micro tablet:
If you’re looking for a way to liven up your swimming routine, consider using a music player in conjunction with a waterproof micro tablet.
A waterproof micro tablet can easily be attached to your wrist or ankle with a strap. They come in various sizes so that they’ll fit any size person.
Some of the models come equipped with speakers so that you can enjoy your music without having to carry an extra device with you.
Plus, many models have playback buttons on the side so that you can control the playback without having to take your eyes off the pool.
If you’re looking for a way to add some fun and excitement to your swimming routine, consider using a music player in conjunction with a waterproof micro tablet.
4. Using Waterproof Bluetooth Earbuds for Swimmers:
If you’re looking for some tips on how to listen to music while swimming, we’ve got you covered.
- First and foremost, ensure that your waterproof Bluetooth earbuds are compatible with your swimming pool or waterway.
- Next, ensure a good pair of earbuds that fit comfortably in your ears.
- Finally, find a playlist that you enjoy and start swimming!
Suppose you’re looking to up your swimming game without investing in more equipment than you currently have. In that case, several apps allow you to listen to music while swimming.
Swimming with synchronized music has been shown to boost endurance by up to 50%, so it’s worth taking advantage of!
5. By using Waterproof Speakers:
There are many ways to listen to music when swimming, and many different waterproof phone cases that can help protect your device from water and other hazards.
One of the best ways to listen to music while swimming is to use a waterproof Bluetooth speaker.
- These speakers are small enough to fit in your pocket and perfect for listening to music while swimming.
- They also usually have a built-in clip so you can attach it to the pool.
6. By Using Bone Conduction Headphones:
Bone conduction headphones allow you to hear the music clearly while underwater. Your ears aren’t directly affected by it, you can wear it for a more extended period.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and in-ear headphones.
- When your phone is connected, you may put on your headphones and start listening straight away!
You can read our article: Are Bone Conduction Headphones Safe
How can bone-conduction headphones work Underwater?
Bone conduction headphones use sound waves that travel through the bones in your head directly to your inner ear, meaning you don’t have to put them in your ears. This makes them perfect for swimming because you can still keep an eye on the pool and avoid getting pulled under by the current. Because sound waves travel through your skull instead of going through the air, bone-conduction headphones create a much deeper sound than regular headphones.
This means you can enjoy your music more fully and feel more connected to the music.
7. By Holding an Apple Watch with H20 Audio Interval:
It would be best if you used an Apple Watch with H20 Audio Interval to swim.
H20 Audio Interval is a feature that allows you to listen to music without any water interference. It lets you listen to your music without any distortion or noise.
Swimming with an Apple Watch with H20 Audio Interval is a great way to enjoy your music while staying safe and healthy.
8. By using the Waterproof Audio Spotify Player:
A waterproof audio Spotify player can help you listen to your favorite music while swimming without worrying about getting wet.
There are several waterproof audio Spotify players on the market, so it is essential to choose one that is compatible with your device and has features you will appreciate.
Some things to look for when choosing a waterproof audio Spotify player include:
- A built-in speaker so that you can enjoy your music even when you’re in the water.
- An ability to connect wirelessly to your devices.
- A water-resistant casing so that you can take it swimming without worrying about damage.
Once you have chosen a waterproof audio Spotify player, it is time to get swimming!
9. By using iPhone/Android in Waterproof Case:
Listening to music while swimming is a great way to keep your mind occupied and enjoy the moment.
Whether using an iPhone, iPod, or Android device, there are plenty of ways to enjoy your tunes while in the pool or the ocean.
You can easily access your music library through the Music app if you have an iPhone.
- Open the app and search for the artist or album you want to listen to. You can also use Siri to control playback and additional access features like iTunes Radio.
Use an Android device; there are various ways to enjoy your music while swimming.
- You can use apps like SoundCloud and Spotify or download dedicated swimming apps like SwimActive and Swimsolo.
- You can also use voice commands to control playback and access features like lane guidance and swim tracking.
Make sure all the devices should be waterproof. If not, then buy waterproof cases for these devices and also need a waterproof headset.
10. By Using Wired Earbuds With a Waterproof iPod Shuffle:
One option is to use wired earbuds with a waterproof iPod shuffle.
This allows you to stay connected to your music while swimming, and it’s a great way to avoid getting water in your ears.
If you have an iPod or an Apple device running iOS 8 or later, you can access your music library through the Music app or the Videos app.
You can also use AirPlay to stream your music from your device to speakers or other Apple devices.
A waterproof case should cover the device.
4 Tips for listening to music while swimming:
Here are four tips for listening to music while swimming:
1. Bring a Portable Device
If you use a portable device, bring headphones to listen without taking the phone out of your pocket or bag.
This is especially helpful if you are swimming laps or working on a stroke technique; you can focus on the music rather than what you are doing.
2. Add Music Playlists
Another option is to add music playlists specifically for swimming.
This allows you to have a variety of songs playing at once without having to search through individual pieces.
Select “Swim” as one of the playlist options when adding songs from your device.
3. Use Streaming Services
Suppose streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music, and Apple Music are available where you are. In that case, they can be a great way to listen to music while swimming.
These services allow you to open the app and start
4. Use a suitable IPX Rating Device
Another option is to use a suitable IPX rating device.
This means that the device has been tested to withstand water and splashes and will not be damaged by the pool environment.
This can be especially helpful using a waterproof device such as an IPX5-rated phone case.
5. Don’t use Wireless Overear Headset:
Wireless ove-rear headsets with a music player built-in may not be suitable for swimming as it will be difficult to swim with heavy headphones and off course the earcups of headset can soak water, thus damaging headset.
Also read: Are Bose Headphones Waterproof?
How IPX describes the level of protection of specific devices against water?
IPX is an international standard for the protection of electronic devices against water.
The levels of protection offered by IPX standards can vary. Still, all devices meeting specific requirements resist moisture intrusion and external impacts.
The following table outlines some of the features offered by IPX standards and the level of protection they provide:
Feature IPX Level Protection
- Protected against water immersion
- Protected against dust and dirt intrusion
- Protected against impact (up to 2 meters)
Different IPX Rating What They Tell Us:
- IPX0: offers no protection against water or sweat.
- IPX1: Capable of withstanding water dripping vertically onto the headphones.
- IPX2: Capable of withstanding water aimed at the headphones at fewer than 15 degrees angle.
- IPX3: Capable of withstanding water aimed at the headphones at a 60-degree angle.
- IPX4: Able to deflect water that is thrown up at the headphones.
- IPX5: Water contact resistant in all directions.
- IPX6: Able to endure a steady stream of low-pressure water jets.
- IPX7: Easily withstands submersion in water for about 30 minutes.
- IPX8: Easily survives in depths of more than one meter.
What Devices You Can Use to Listen to Music While Swimming:
There are a few different devices that you can use to listen to music while swimming. Each has its benefits and drawbacks.
The first option is to use an mp3 player. This is the most common way to listen to music while swimming, and it is also the easiest.
You can plug the mp3 player into the headphones you are using for swimming, and you are ready to go.
- Here are the Best MP3 Players For swimming:
List of best MP3 Players for underwater use
- The FINIS Duo.
- The Diver.
- Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod (Mega Bundle)
- Delphin Waterproof Micro Tablet
- Mighty Vibe Waterproof Audio Spotify Player
- H20 Audio Waterproof Headphones and Case
- The second option is to use a Bluetooth speaker.
Bluetooth speakers are small and lightweight, which makes them easy to carry around with you.
They also have a longer battery life than mp3 players, so you can listen to music for more extended periods without having to recharge them.
Here is the list of Best waterproof speakers
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Tribit Storm box Micro 2
- Sonos Roam
- JBL Flip 6
- Anker Soundcore Flare 2
- Ultimate Ears Boom 3
- BL Flip 5
- Ultimate Ears Megablast
- JBL Charge 5
- JBL Boombox 2
- Tribit XSound Go
- . Bose SoundLink Flex
However, Bluetooth speakers aren’t as portable as MP3 players, and they don’t sound as good as traditional speakers when listening through headphones.
In conclusion, listening to music while swimming can greatly enhance your swimming experience and make your workout more enjoyable. You can listen to music while swimming by Using earbuds under headwear, using a Waterproof MP3 player, covering your mobile in a waterproof case, Using bone conduction headphones, using waterproof earbuds e.t.c
By following these tips, you can safely and comfortably enjoy your favorite tunes while swimming. Just remember to always prioritize safety and to stay aware of your surroundings while listening to music in the water.
I hope you may get your answer on How to Listen to Music While Swimming?
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you hear music underwater?
Underwater music can be heard when played at low volumes. Some underwater devices with speakers can also play music.
You can also listen to music if you hold your phone near your ears while swimming.
By using aqualungs! Aqualungs allow you to listen to music underwater and hear the sound. You can also use them for diving, snorkeling, and other water sports.
How can I listen to Spotify while swimming?
To listen to Spotify while swimming, you will need a companion app designed specifically for swimming. These apps allow you to control the music and have it play in the background.
Many such companion apps are available, so it is up to you to find one that works best for you.
How do I listen to Apple music while swimming?
Swimmers can easily listen to Apple Music with the Apple Watch and iPhone. Open the app and sign in.
Select the music you want to play and start swimming! You Can use the iPod H20 Audio interval
How to listen to podcasts while swimming?
One way to listen to a podcast while swimming is to download the app from the App Store or Google Play store and add the show’s RSS feed.
Once the show is added, open the app and select ‘Podcasts’ from the main menu. Select the episode you would like to listen to and press play.
Can you listen to AirPods while swimming?
Unfortunately, we are not sure if AirPods can be used while swimming.
We suggest you check the product’s user manual to see if there are any specific instructions for using AirPods while swimming.
Does Bluetooth work while swimming?
Yes, Bluetooth works while swimming. You can pair your Bluetooth-enabled devices and stay connected while you swim.