If you’re a proud owner of the Sony WF-1000XM4 wireless earbuds, you’re likely aware of their outstanding sound quality and premium features. However, like any electronic device, occasionally sony wf-1000xm4 right earbud not working.
One common problem users face is the sony wf-1000xm4 left earbud cutting out. If you’re experiencing this problem, don’t fret; there are several troubleshooting steps you can follow to get your earbuds back to their optimal performance.
In this article, we’ll explore some solutions to resolve the Sony WF-1000XM4 One earbud not working issue.
First and most importantly:
The Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds typically work well for about 2 years. If you’ve had them for that long and they’re not working properly, don’t worry—it’s normal wear and tear. But if you try to get them fixed, they might only last about 3 months after the repair. In such cases, it’s better to think about getting a new pair of earbuds or headphones from our suggested lists (Here and Here).
If you just got the earbuds and they’re causing problems, and you still have time to get a refund, return them to get your money back.
If the refund date has passed, you can try the following solutions or ask a technician for help. We recommend reaching out to Sony’s support center after trying the quick fixes below.
Update Your Earbuds:
Make sure to update the Sony app on both Android and iOS devices and then update your earbuds as instructed in the manual.
Reset Your Earbuds:
Sometimes, resetting the earbuds can solve connection problems. If necessary, follow the manufacturer’s instructions:
- Place one earbud in the charging case and close the lid.
- Connect the charging case to a power outlet using the provided USB Type-C™ cable and a USB AC adapter.
- Open and close the lid of the charging case more than 5 times within 20 seconds until the red indicator light starts to flash.
- Wait for the green indicator light to flash four times. This means the reset is complete.
- Take the earbud out of the charging case. Put the other earbud in, and repeat the process from Step 1.
Sony WF-1000XM4 One Earbud Not Working (Right or Left Cutting Out)
1. Clean the Earbuds:
Sometimes, foreign substances like earwax can accumulate in the earbuds, causing sound issues. Regular cleaning can prevent these problems. Use a soft, dry cloth or a cotton swab to gently clean the earbuds, ensuring they are free from debris.
2. Turn Up the Volume on the Connected Device:
Sometimes, the right earbud may appear to have an issue when, in fact, the volume on your connected device is too low. Make sure to check and increase the volume on your smartphone or audio source.
3. Check the Bluetooth Connection:
If only one earbud is connecting or functioning, try these steps:
- Disconnect Bluetooth and turn off the headset.
- Delete the WF-1000XM4 from all devices it was paired with.
- Delete or cancel the registration of the earbuds.
- Finally, try pairing the earbuds again.
4. Check the Sony | Headphones Connect App:
The Sony | Headphones Connect app is a valuable tool for managing your earbuds. Follow these steps:
- Open the app and check if Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa is enabled.
- If enabled, check the touch sensor control function or Voice Assistant function according to the way you use the earbuds.
- To use either side of the earbuds by itself, set the touch sensor control function of the desired side to Playback control.
The app settings might be affecting the functionality of your right earbud. By following these steps, you can ensure a clean and reliable connection.
In conclusion, the Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds are known for their exceptional performance, and troubleshooting any issues is often a straightforward process. If your right earbud is not working correctly, don’t panic.
Try the steps outlined in this article, and you’ll likely resolve the problem, getting back to enjoying your favorite music and content in no time. Remember that regular maintenance and keeping your earbuds clean can prevent many issues, ensuring they continue to deliver premium sound quality.