The Aftershokz power button not working can be due to a variety of reasons, but one common cause is a stuck or jammed power button. This can happen when dust, dirt, or debris gets lodged around the button, preventing it from making proper contact with the internal components.
Quick Fix: Aftershokz Power Button Not Working
Fix Aftershokz Power button malfunction by Cleaning around the button, checking the battery, updating firmware, or contacting support for assistance.
- Compressed air (optional)
- Small, soft brush (e.g., a clean, dry toothbrush)
- Isopropyl alcohol (70% or higher)
- Cotton swabs (Q-tips)
Steps to Fix Aftershokz Power Button Not Working:
Inspect the Button: Examine the power button closely to see if there’s any visible debris or grime around it. This could be inhibiting its movement.
Turn Off the Headphones: If your headphones are still on, turn them off by holding down the volume-up and volume-down buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. This is a common way to turn off Aftershokz headphones when the power button isn’t working.
Gently Clean Around the Button:
- If you see any visible dirt or debris, use a small, soft brush (like a clean toothbrush) to gently brush away the particles from around the power button.
- If there’s dust or debris inside the crevices of the button, use compressed air to blow it out. Be sure to hold the headphones at an angle to prevent pushing the debris further inside.
Clean the Button’s Surface:
- Dampen a cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol (make sure it’s not dripping wet) and gently rub it around the power button. This will help dissolve any stubborn dirt or residue.
- Be cautious not to let any alcohol drip into the headphone’s openings or crevices.
Test the Power Button: After cleaning, try pressing the power button repeatedly to check if it’s responsive. It may take a few presses to see improvement.
Repeat if Necessary: If the button remains unresponsive, repeat the cleaning process a few times. Sometimes, it can take multiple attempts to completely clear any obstruction.
Allow to Dry: If you used isopropyl alcohol, wait for the area around the power button to dry completely before using the headphones again. This should only take a few minutes.
Power ON: Once the button is responsive, power on your Aftershokz headphones and make sure they’re functioning as expected.
If after trying these steps, the power button still doesn’t work, or if you suspect a more serious issue like a hardware malfunction, it’s advisable to contact Aftershokz customer support or consider professional repair services.
Attempting to disassemble the headphones yourself can void the warranty and may not be recommended unless you have technical expertise in headphone repair.