JBL is a renowned brand known for producing high-quality audio equipment, including wireless earbuds. However, like all electronic devices, JBL earbuds can occasionally encounter issues. One common problem users face is jbl left earbud not turning on.
In this article, we will explore various troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this issue.
First Thing First:
JBL earbuds typically have a lifespan of about 1 year and 8 months, which is longer than Jlab, Occium, and Otium earbuds. On average, they may start encountering issues, as is common with technological devices, after approximately 1 year and 3 more months of use.
If you have just bought the earbuds and still have time to refund then return them and buy new ones.
If you’ve been using your JBL earbuds for 1.2 years, consider yourself fortunate to have had a decent usage period. However, it’s essential to understand that attempting regular repairs at this stage might not provide lasting solutions.
In fact, you may face recurring problems even if you manage to fix them temporarily. Therefore, it’s a prudent decision to save both your money and time by considering the purchase of a new pair of headphones or earbuds. You can explore the following lists for some options:
Take a Look at: Best Audiophile In-ear Headphones for 2024
Take a Look at: Best Headphones for Outdoor Calls in 2024
Take a Look at: Best Wireless Headphones Under $15
Take a Look at: Best In-ear Monitors for Gaming
Take a Look at: Best Gaming Headphones That Won’t Cause Ear and Head Discomfort
JBL Left Earbud Not Turning ON
Restart the Connection:
The first step in troubleshooting a non-functional JBL left earbud is to restart the connection. Follow these steps:
- Forget the earbuds: On your device, navigate to the Bluetooth settings and forget the JBL earbuds.
- Initiate pairing: Put your earbuds in pairing mode. This usually involves holding the power button for a few seconds until you see the LED indicator blinking.
- Pair them afresh: Reconnect your earbuds to your device.
- Re-sync the earbuds: If re-pairing doesn’t work, try re-syncing the left and right earbuds by following your earbuds' manual or instructions.
Reset the Earbuds:
Different JBL earbud models may have varying reset methods. Here’s a common approach:
- Remove your earbuds from connected devices.
- Plug the charging case into a working power source.
- Place both earbuds back into their charging ports.
- Hold down the button on the right earbud for at least ten seconds.
- Clear any pairing information on your device related to the earbuds.
- Your earbuds are now reset and ready for re-pairing.
Clean the Charging Contacts and Pins:
Dirty charging contacts or pins inside the charging case can prevent your earbud from charging, if they don’t charge they won’t turn On. Here’s how to clean them:
- Use a cotton swab to gently clean the contacts and pins.
- You can also use tweezers or a paper clip to remove any accumulated dirt from these areas.
Try Giving Current for Short Period:
Placing the earbuds in the charging case and connecting the charging case to the charger via charging cable ang giving current for 2-4 seconds can also fix this problem and the JBL earbuds will turn ON.
Check the Mono Audio Settings:
Ensure that the audio settings on your paired device are set to stereo and not mono. If they are set to mono, only one earbud will work. This setting can often be found in your device’s Bluetooth settings.
Contact JBL for Warranty Repair/Replacement:
If none of the above solutions work, and your JBL earbuds are still under warranty, it’s advisable to contact JBL for warranty repair or replacement. Be sure to provide them with all the relevant details about the issue and your warranty information.
Experiencing problems with your JBL left earbud not turning on can be frustrating, but by following these troubleshooting steps, you can often resolve the issue on your own. Restarting the connection, cleaning the charging contacts, and resetting the earbuds are common solutions.
If all else fails, don’t hesitate to contact JBL for warranty repair or replacement options. With these steps, you can enjoy your JBL earbuds once again and immerse yourself in your favorite music and audio content.